Sunday, August 9, 2009

coffee, coffee, coffee

It has been a while since I've actually talked about coffee on this here coffee conquest blog, so I've decided it is time for another update.

First off, I have still not gotten any better at making cappuccinos. I have only made five, I think,so far this summer, but in that time, I don't think I have improved. The girl who orders them says they are fine, but she is always in desperate need of caffeine, so I think she would say that even if I actually made her a latte, or heck, just gave her a couple straight shots of espresso! She works on the tender that comes down to PA to buy fish, so she doesn't have any sort of sleeping schedule. It is sort of just - be up when you need to be, and when you don't, try and sneak a short nap before they need you again. Working on fish tenders in the summer takes a certain type of person. I think I could do it, except the whole seasick thing, but after I got my sea legs, I think I would be pretty good at it.

I'm steering away from my coffee talk, though, so - coffee. I really like the beans that I have. It is a special blend that I get roasted in Sitka and mailed to me here in PA, so they are pretty much as fresh as you can get them. It is a medium roast, and I haven't gotten any complaints yet, so that is a good sign. The name of the brand of coffee is Sailor's Choice, which is definitely appropriate. I've decided to call my special blend the "Troll Fleet Fusion." I can't take credit for that, though, it was actually my mom's idea, so thank you mom!

The last five days or so have been my slowest of the season so far, which is a bummer. I was hoping August would be even better than July, but it is not looking like it so far. Who knows, though. The trolling closure starts on Wednesday, so there will be boats at the dock for five days unable to fish, and then two days after the boats will all be able to fish again is the golf tourney, so some people will come back into town for that, and plenty of people are planning to fly down here for it, so I'll get some business then! I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I've decided another freezer would be ideal. Yesterday, I got my groceries and freight in off the Eyak (the boat that brings the mail and freight from Sitka). So, I had milk, half and half, heavy whipping cream, ice cream, burgers, buns, tomatoes...the whole nine yards. WELL - I ordered more this week than most weeks to start stocking up for the golf tournament, so I had a heck of a time making it all fit into my refrigerators and freezer. My freezer is filled to the top - completely! Not one more thing could fit inside of it. And, if anyone decides they want a muffin, i will have to pull out the pints of ice cream, ice cream sandwiches and burgers in order to get down to them! So yes, another freezer would be amazing! My refrigerators are all cram packed with milk and the condiments and veggies for the burgers - not another thing could be crammed into them. I really should have just gotten one normal-size refrigerator instead of 3 little mini under-the-counter ones, but at least these ones are out of the way. It would have been hard to fit a normal-size one in here!

Well, that is it for my ramblings about my shop for now. I wish I had more happy news for you all. But, hopefully next week I will be full of great tales of coffee conquests!

No comments:

Post a Comment